If you’re a website developer and you need to extend the functionality of WordPress by creating new data structures, this plugin is for you.
Admin Form allows you to create data collections by connecting directly to your WordPress database. With this plugin, you can easily create new data structures or manage and filter existing tables in the database. For instance, you can streamline the process of developing new plugins by automating the entire data entry administration section.
Using shortcodes, you can quickly display HTML tables on your site with search results, column sorting, and page breakdowns. Alternatively, you can design your own HTML and use special shortcodes to input data. Admin Form also includes a complete template engine.
Our comprehensive documentation provides clear and concise instructions on how to use the plugin to its fullest extent. Additionally, the plugin offers flexible customization options, so you can tailor it to your specific needs. Whether you need to manage existing data or create entirely new structures, our plugin can help you accomplish your goals quickly and efficiently.
With Admin Form, you can:
- Create data tables for backend use, including forms with more than 20 data types and an advanced Excel-style search system
- Choose the fields to display and how to display them
- Delete selected data or choose to delete all filtered data (PRO version only)
- Download selected data or all filtered data (PRO version only)
- Choose the roles of who can edit the table
- Use LOOKUP field to show data from other tables (PRO version only)
- Create and edit complex data structures from MySQL queries (PRO version only)
- Publish data in tables with customizable colors, pagination, and search/sort fields
- Show details of single records in popups
- Customize data display using a powerful template engine with attributes, operators, and shortcodes
- Work with PHP hooks and filters, and use a class with functions to manage data from the code
- Create custom post types, generating new lists of data and detail pages
- Add custom fields to post, user, and comment tables, as well as other tables that have a linked “meta” table
- Enjoy advanced management in table creation with the PRO version
I- mport and export data in MySQL or CSV format with the PRO version
- Download the free PRO version at https://github.com/giuliopanda/admin-form-pro/releases/ to access even more features, such as calculated fields and the ability to create query forms.
- Choose the color, the type of pagination, whether to show the search or the ability to sort the fields.
- Show the detail of single records in popup.
- Customize the view through a custom template engine.
We hope you find Admin Form to be a useful tool for your WordPress development needs!
You have at your disposal a powerful template engine similar to wordpress shortcodes.
You can customize the data display through attributes. For example to make text uppercase:
You can control data flows through the most used operators (if, for, break, while, math…)
For example, to check if a user is logged in you can write:
[^IF [^user]==""] you are not logged in [^else] You are logged in [^endif]
Or pull the data directly into a post via the [adfo_tmpl] shortcode
[adfo_tmpl] <ul> [^FOR EACH=[^POST TYPE=post]] <li>[%item.title_link]</li> [^ENDFOR] </ul> [/adfo_tmpl]
Obviously you have a set of hooks and filters available for working in php, but you also have a class available with a set of functions to manage data from the code. You will find all the documentation inside the plugin.
POST TYPE SUPPORT
Custom post types can be created. These are handled with the plugin’s display and insertion system, thus focusing on data entry rather than content formatting. Using post_types, it is possible to generate not only new lists of data, but also the detail of individual content opened on new pages.
For post, user, comment tables and all tables that have a linked “meta” table, Admin Form allows you to add custom fields to the table you are editing.
There is also a PRO version that you can download for free!
The pro version adds:
– The calculated fields.
– The lookups fields.
– A system for managing tables through mysql queries
– The ability to create query forms (LAB).
– Advanced management in the creation of tables
– Import and export of data in mysql / csv.
the link to the project: https://github.com/giuliopanda/admin-form-pro/releases/
Download the plugin and activate it.
1.8.3 2023-04-14 – FIXBUG
- BUGFIX: The saving of the fields of the form did not work
1.8.2 2023-03-15 – FIXBUG
- BUGFIX: The pagination had disappeared, I apologize for the bug.
1.8.1 2023-03-13 – FIXBUG
- BUGFIX: Input in list field
- BUGFIX: In the form, there was very limited number of metadata that could be entered without changing max_input_vars
- BUGFIX: PHP errors were being shown
1.8.0 2023-03-08 – Edit fields in a list
- NEW: Editing fields directly in lists. It is now possible to edit data directly from the list through the Edit Field columns. The following have been implemented: checkboxes, input, select fields and a sort field.
- NEW Frontend Export. Now you can show a button for exporting data to the frontend. If you want to manage from code, ADFO:draw_export_btn function has been added which draws buttons to export a table in the frontend to csv or sql. The function [^BTN_EXPORT] has been added from the template engine.
- NEW: Adds the new functions for the template engine [^GET_SINGLE] and [^GET_DETAIL] [^GET_TOTAL]
- NEW: form field ORDER: the field is of numeric type. By default a number that is always higher than the previous one is proposed.
- NEW: Added CODE TAB with examples related to the list in use.
- IMPROVEMENT: ADFO::get_data if not passed limit and order parameters takes default parameters.
- IMPROVEMENT: Improved page loading performance. The query to calculate the total number of records has been optimized.
- IMPROVEMENT: Ability to randomly sort table data.
- IMPROVEMENT: redesigned the sort buttons.
- BUGFIX: Loss of list settings when saving the frontend setting.
- BUGFIX: Inhibited the ability to create fields with only numbers.
- BUGFIX PRO: Always appear show all text even when query gives error.
- BUGFIX PRO: If a query gave error the double editor would appear!
- BUGFIX PRO: List export and subsequent import used to fail for complex queries or some types of fields, especially calculated fields which are now added to RAW export.
- BUGFIX: If a status field is present it could not be found in the frontend.
- BUGFIX: Default value for DATE, DATETIME and TIME now is converted to date in the correct format according to the field type.
- BUGFIX: The invalid fields already appeared red when you loaded the form (before you did the submit).
1.7.0 2023-02-16 – POST_TYPE
- NEW: Post_type management. When creating a new form, a post_type can be created directly or a new form linked to the post table can be created by filtering directly for a post_type. Registration of a new post_type can be customized within the setting tab.
When a module is linked to a post_type the post_type filter is imposed directly in the query.
- NEW: Status field. The status field manages published, draft, and trash records.
- IMPROVEMENT: author field. Now if a field is set as author it is possible to manage roles to allow some users to see and edit only their own records.
- IMPROVEMENT: Optimization of saving settings.
- IMPROVEMENT: Default configuration for posts when creating a new list.
- IMPROVEMENT: IDs are hidden in the frontend detail by default.
- IMPROVEMENT: new php ADFO::get_single function to have the detail display of a record.
- IMPROVEMENT: of tab form and list view formatting display and sorting.
- REMOVE filter legacy mode. apply_filters( ‘dbp_ …
- BUGFIX the author field is overwritten when editing.
- BUGFIX: even if a list is put in trash the shortcodes work !!! [adfo_list id=xxx]
- BUGFIX: on sorting form fields within the same table. The preview of the field after you release is wrong it is like pasting in wrong nesting or carrying the wrong preview.
1.6.0 2023-22-01 – FIXBUG
- NEW: Added Time field and template engine attributes: timenum-to-timestr, timestr-to-timenum and time-to-hour
- NEW (PRO) in the datapress main page added a box that shows the running queries and allows you to remove them
- FIXBUG (PRO) show table in import data list
- IMPROVEMENT: Limited metadata function. Metadata must be unique. There can be only one metadata for each meta_key. During the save if I find more metadata for the same key I delete them.
- IMPROVEMENT: (TAB FORM) the test of the calculated fields does not work with data which however works in production. Added an information box if using [%data.
- IMPROVEMENT: (TAB FORM) option in select: if there are no values I set them equal to the labels
- IMPROVEMENT: Changed the default setting of the frontend of the tables.
- IMPROVEMENT: Rebuild of post and user fields on lists. They now display the post title or the user’s nicename. Search now works on user title or name instead of IDs. However, it is not possible to sort the list by a post or user field. This will not be developed because if you change the data type of the list the query will give an error.
- IMPROVEMENT: (LIST view formatting) On post and user type columns I no longer choose which information to show, it’s always the title or username, but I’ve added the option to automatically create the link to the article or author’s page. Attention this change generates a small incompatibility with previous versions. If you are using the post or user field check out the new functionality. If you wanted to link to other fields, use the lookup field instead.
- FIXBUG Added checking on date fields when they are invalid.
- FIXBUG: (page action=list-sql-edit) When I save it hides the primary keys in the lists.
- FIXBUG: on import for user post and lookup fields
- FIXBUG: FRONTEND when you press enter and you have the focus on the search even if it is in ajax it sends the data in get
- FIXBUG: (TAB FORM) When you created a new field it didn’t allow dragging it to sort.
- FIXBUG: In frontend tables, filters with values populated by particular shortcodes (like [^current_post.id] ) were forgotten in ajax calls for paging, or searching.
1.5.0 2023-01-08 – Metadati
- NEW Inside the template engine, when a variable is extracted from the data of a list, the VAL attribute has been added.
the extracted variables return the processed values. If this attribute is used, the variable returns the original value saved in the database.
- NEW: In the page where the form is configured, the possibility of sorting the order in which to show multiple tables has been added
- NEW: Special handling for metadata has been developed. In the setting screen it is possible to select the metadata table linked to the main table. If this is selected in the form configuration page, an Add metadata button will appear with which it will be possible to add new custom fields.
- IMPROVEMENT on the autocomplete popup added the handling of the ESC key.
- FIXBUG: inherited the single checkbox was not passing the value
- FIXBUG: on lists with multiple tables the system that inherits the configuration on the list doesn’t seem to work.
- FIXBUG: PAGE BUGS FORM change styles doesn’t work correctly
- FIXBUG: The query aliases of a new FORM must always be quoted
=1.4.0 2022-12-15 – Clone list =
* NEW: (list-all) Clone list: it is now possible to clone a list.
* NEW: (Browse-list) The ability to clone a record has been added to lists.
* NEW: Added function ADFO::get_clone_detail(); Returns the data to clone a record
* NEW: (PRO list all tables) Add Clone table action
* NEW: (PRO) Now it is also possible to update the PRO version directly from the plugins page
* IMPROVEMENT: (list view formatting) Add checkbox Keeps settings aligned with information from the same field in tab ‘Form’.
* FIXBUG: notice in list_browse (wpdb->prepare)
* FIXBUG: (dropdown filter) checboxes with comma
* FIXBUG: remove sanitize in get_request
* FIXBUG: (admin-list) Remove pagination html after bulk actions.
* FIXBUG: (dropdown filter) Results were not corrected when filtering by operators: ‘> < >= <=’
* FIXBUG: The lookup filters with the column filters didn’t work together. With search the drop down menu was not working properly
* FIXBUG: Did not show title and description of table attributes when managed table is only one.
1.3.0 2022-12-07 – pro version – import/export
- NEW: [Only for PRO]: A system for importing data from a form. Now you can export, edit and re-import your data. Before importing the data, these are verified using a check system.
- IMPROVEMENT [Only for PRO]: Added ‘show all text’ checkbox in broswer data
- IMPROVEMENT (Code) ADFO:get_detail added raw_data:boolean parameter
- IMPROVEMENT (Code) ADFO:get_data added the raw type return that is used to save the query
- IMPROVEMENT (Code) ADFO:save_data if all fields are null or empty, but id is there i added delete row action.
- FIXBUG: The plugin miscounted the total number of records when the group by was present
- FIXBUG: On import it does not recalculate CALCULATED FIELD type fields
1.2.0 2022-11-23 – new fields
- NEW: new fields: color picker and range
- IMPROVEMENT: new hooks to add new functionality when creating a new form.
- FIXBUG: saving text remove html.
- FIXBUG: (database_press) button create list from query, the list it creates doesn’t work!
- FIXBUG [PRO] (list-browse) csv download didn’t work.
- REFACTOR: renamed the other hooks and created the legacy for the old hooks
- IMPROVEMENT: Possibility to use the database in the Pro version even if the admin form is not installed
- DOCS: list_view_formatting.
- FIXBUG: (list-form) When I create a new field the autoincrement doesn’t appear
- NEW: (list-form) new field: field email, link
- NEW: (list-form) when you create a field it also creates a default in the list view. In lookups it doesn’t create the additional field and it doesn’t hide the main one
- FIX MAJOR BUG: (list-structure) If I save a lookup without primary the query gives an error.
- IMPROVEMENT: Documentation of field types
- FIXBUG: the namespaces referring to object verification were wrong. Discovered on calculated field
- FIXBUG: (list-form) When I create a new field the special fields of the pro version don’t appear
- FIXBUG: (browse-list) the change values set in the list structure are not displayed when updating a record!
- FIXBUG: if I remove a field in the list-form it doesn’t remove the field(s) of list-view-formatting!
- FIXBUG: on list-structure custom column has label column type instead of custom code
- IMPROVEMENT: in the column type list view (Show checkbox values) I divided the various results with a graphic element.
- FIXBUG: list description.
- FIXBUG: show php error.