WordPress is a popular content management system that is highly-specialized for creating public-facing websites.
Companies often need a private setup, also known as an intranet. That is where All-In-One Intranet comes in.
There are plenty of free plugins available to add privacy and other requirements – but you’ll need to cherry-pick the functionality you need, and make sure they all work well together.
All-In-One Intranet gives you everything you need in one WordPress plugin to lock down your site and start building your company’s intranet.
What is an Intranet?
Intranets are basically private, internal, websites for businesses. However, they can also be found an internal communications platform, collaboration tools, knowledge sharing platform, and even a social network. Each of which are items possible to do with a WordPress site.
- Privacy – One simple checkbox to make your entire site private to anyone not logged in. It also displays warnings if any core WordPress settings are currently allowing unauthorized users to register.
- Login Redirect – Your staff logs in to read information and potentially write new content. The default WordPress of logging users into their profile page is not always helpful in certain situations. Now you can set any page or URL as the first page visited after logging in.
- Auto Logout – Easily set a time interval for inactivity, after which users will automatically log out, protecting your sensitive company information. Intervals are set by minutes, hours, or days.
All-In-One Intranet is designed to work on standard WordPress installations. If you have a multisite installation, please see our premium version below.
Support and Premium features
All-In-One Intranet Premium includes all the features in the free plugin with as well as:
- Premium Support from our incredible team of WordPress magicians.
- Multisite Sub-site Membership – set a default role to be applied to all sub-sites when a new user (or site) is created. Saves having to manually add new users to sub-sites, or existing users to new sub-sites.
- ** Multisite Sub-site Privacy** – decide whether users need to be members of a sub-site in order to view it (presuming you already restricted the whole site to logged-in users only, in ‘Privacy’).
- Full support and updates
Does your organization use Google Workplace or Google Classroom?
(formally known as Google Apps and GSuite)
Google Apps Login enables Google Workplace admins to manage WordPress user accounts entirely from Google Apps.
This saves time and increases security – giving peace of mind that only authorized employees have access to the company’s websites and intranet.
Google Drive Embedder* allows authors to easily embed documents directly from Google Drive throughout your site.
Please see our website http://wp-glogin.com/
for more information about all our products.
- Go to your WordPress admin control panel’s plugin page
- Search for ‘All-In-One Intranet’
- Click Install
- Click Activate on the plugin
- Go to ‘All-In-One Intranet’ under Settings in your WordPress admin area to configure
If you cannot install from the WordPress plugins directory for any reason, and need to install from ZIP file:
allinoneintranetdirectory and contents to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory, or upload the ZIP file directly in
the Plugins section of your WordPress admin
- Go to Plugins page in your WordPress admin
- Follow the instructions from step 4 above
How can I obtain support for this product?
Full support is available if you purchase the appropriate license from the author via:
Please feel free to email email@example.com with any questions,
as we may be able to help, but you may be required to purchase a support license if the problem
is specific to your installation or requirements.
We may occasionally be able to respond to support queries posted on the ‘Support’ forum here on the wordpress.org
plugin page, but we recommend sending us an email instead if possible.
Is it secure?
Care has been taken to ensure the plugin offers the level of security promised for a standard WordPress installation.
Note that your media uploads (e.g. photos) will still be accessible to anyone who knows their direct URLs. This the way most
privacy plugins work.
However, the author does not accept liability or offer any guarantee of security or functionality,
and it is your responsibility to ensure that your site is secure and functions in the way you require.
In particular, other plugins may conflict with each other, and different WordPress versions and configurations
may render your site insecure.
What are the system requirements?
- PHP 5.2.x or higher
- WordPress 3.5 or above
Security update and added WordPress 5.7 compatibility.
Security update and added WordPress 5.6 compatibility.
Security update and added WordPress 5.4.1 compatibility.
Ready for WP 4.9. Disables unauthenticated calls to WP REST API by default.
Now supports localization – please contribute your translations!
Changed which WordPress hooks are used to check for auto-logout. This is to widen compatibility with certain Themes.
On non-multisite WordPress, now restricts access to users who have no role, as well as those who aren’t logged in at all.
Ready for public release