Important: This plugin is no longer being supported or updated because AWeber now have an official WordPress plugin.
We recommend uninstalling the AWeber Integration plugin and following AWeber’s official instructions on integrating WordPress with AWeber.
Installation of this plugin is simple:
- Upload the entire
aweber-integrationdirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Add an AWeber Mailing List widget to your sidebar and configure its options.
- (Optionally) visit Settings -> AWeber to enable AWeber analytics.
Important: This plugin is no longer being maintained/supported/updated.
Instead, we recommend uninstalling this plugin and simply pasting your AWeber form embed code into a sidebar text widget.
- I’m having trouble with my Raw HTML widgets
- If I install this plugin, will people get my new posts e-mailed to them automatically?
This plugin isn’t designed specifically to do that, however AWeber does have a blog broadcast feature where you add your blog’s RSS feed to your AWeber account, and AWeber will automatically email your list subscribers when it detects a new blog post.
This plugin could be used to add an AWeber subscription widget to your website’s sidebar, and then using blog subscriptions these subscribers could be notified via email of new blog posts.
- The widget does not appear on my website?
- Does the widget support more than a basic Name/Email subscription form?
- The AWeber analytics tracking code does not appear on my website?
Ensure that you’ve set up your account ID in the settings page. If the code still does not appear before your
ensure your theme’s
footer.phpcontains a call to
- How do I find my AWeber analytics account id?
Your account ID can be found by logging into your AWeber account, clicking on Reports, then Settings. Your account ID is displayed in the text box, and is the alphanumeric code after the ?id= code.
If you don’t have the Reports -> Settings menu in your AWeber account, you are probably on an old AWeber account package. You will need to contact AWeber support to get your account upgraded to a new plan that includes the analytics option.
- Fix deprecated function warning when WP_DEBUG is turned on.
- WordPress 3.5 compatibility.
- Deprecated function removal.
- WordPress 3.4 compatibility.
- Clarify license as GPLv2 or later.
- WordPress 3.2 compatibility.
- WordPress 3.1 compatibility.
- Deprecate the Raw HTML widget that only supports name and email fields
- Fix “Your form submission was successful but the website owner of the previous page did not provide a valid redirect (“Thank You”) page” error message
- Use the new WordPress 2.8+ widget format
- WordPress 3.0 support
- Update Screenshots
- Add support for the “Already Subscribed Page” option.
- Make the examples on the widget configuration screen more obvious.
- Improve FAQs.
- Improve FAQs and update for 2.8.3 compatibility.
- Readme file updated for 2.8.1 compatibility.
- Plugin settings now removed only when deleting the plugin via the plugins page.
- No longer delete plugin settings upon deactivation.
- Added translation support.
- Settings page WP 2.7+ UI improvements.
- Add instructions on finding your AWeber analytics account id.
- Added a third screenshot.
- Remove settings upon deactivation.
- WP 2.8 compatibility.
- PHP 4 compatibility fix.
- Add screenshots.
- Standardize field widths in widget configuration page.
- Inital release.