Bens Translator is a plugin for WordPress that generates translated pages using Google Translator.
The pages are cached by your webserver and displayed as a normal webpage.
This allows indexing by Google and other search engines to boost your traffic.
Search Engine Optimized: it uses the permalinks by adding the language code at the beginning of all your URI.
For example the english version on www.domain.com/mycategory/mypost will be automatically transformed in www.domain.com/de/mycategory/mypost
Fast Caching System: new fast, smart, optimized, self-cleaning and built-in caching system.
Drastically reduction of the risk of temporarily ban from translation engines.
Fully configurable layout: you can easily customize the appearance of the translation bar by choosing between a TABLE or DIV based layout for the flags bar.
You can also select the number of translations to make available to your visitors.
No database modifications: Bens Translator is not intrusive.
It doesn’t create or alter any table on your database, this feature permits to obtain better performance by not running extra database queries.
“Bens Translator” 是开源软件。 以下人员对此插件做出了贡献。贡献者
- When changing permalink structure from on to off, plugin settings need to be updated or you will get a 404 error
- FIXED – Text links not displaying
- ADDED – Tags and Categories to cache management page
- CHANGED – Cache management with jquery and customisable views options (thanks to bloguedegeek.net)
- ADDED – Cache Management Page (You can Backup, Delete and Manually Flush the cache)
- FIXED – Minor Bug Fixes
- CHANGED – Number of pages shown in cache browser now 20 at a time
- ADDED – Added Romanian Language
- FIXED – Page not translated page “looping”
- ADDED – Option to turn Validation engine on/off in settings
- REMOVED – WordPress Proxy Support (Will be back)
- CHANGED – File directory error checking
- ADDED – WordPress Proxy Support
- ADDED – New page showing what pages are translated
- FIXED – Directory not writable 0777 error
- FIXED – filemtime error
- FIXED – 500/403 “Redirect Loop” error
- FIXED – Translation stopped after language bar
- ADDED – Customisable Template for redirect
- ADDED – Italian Translation (Provided By )
- FIXED – Adding random characters to the url would show original page (with invalid url)
- FIXED – Empty redirect in Google Webmaster, removed Extra Frame in google translation
- FIXED – Pages wouldn’t Expire to Stale Cache
- UPDATED – Estimated pages to translate is now more accurate
- ADDED – Meta Language tag to translated pages
- ADDED – Translated pages will now validate
- CHANGED – Changed all variables from gltr prefix to bentr, To prevent conflicts with Global Translator
- CHANGED – Changed how Bens-translator handles google returning an error (Works without the widget/flag bar on the page)
- ADDED – Added support for WordPress po/mo translation framework (No Translations Yet)
- CHANGED – Changed Language drop down list to include localisation
- ADDED – Check to see if permalinks have been changed and then automatically updates the .htaccess
- CHANGED – Changed redirect status code to 307 “temporary redirect”
- CHANGED – Changed Alt attribute of flag from “flag” to the language
- CHANGED – Language settings for many languages incorrect
- FIXED – Bug where a blog not using permalinks wouldn’t redirect to google translate correctly**
- ADDED – Text links instead of country flags
- FIXED – Bug where translated pages would be added to google sitemaps regardless of setting**
- ADDED- Optional user editable header can be displayed on any translated page
- First release
- ADDED – Checks for php/wordpress version for compatability
- REMOVED – Extra Translation Engines, Now uses Google solely
- REMOVED – Languages not allowed by Google Adsense
- FIXED – number of files translated error, where folders would be included in total**
- ADDED – Files translated is now automatically loaded in admin panel
- ADDED – Estimated total number of files to be translated added to admin panel
- CHANGED – English flag changed to the Union Flag (Union Jack)
- CHANGED – Cache files and directory organised for easier viewing
- CHANGED – Default expiry changed to 30 days
- CHANGED – Default translation engine connect time changed to 580 seconds
- CHANGED – Options page reorganised
- FIXED – Bug where pages were moved to stale cache, and were younger than the user cache time**
- ADDED – Clears Database entrys on deactivation and creates fresh variables on activation
** Bug from Global Translator