As of WordPress 4.3, this Plugin is no longer needed. The next update will integrate the Plugin into the core site icon feature, to allow for graceful
retirement of the Plugin.
Add a Favicon to your site. No bells or whistles; simply upload a (ICO, PNG, or GIF) file.
Note: Plugin settings can be configured via Dashboard -> Settings -> Favicon.
- Upload the
cbnet-faviconfolder to the
Installation using “Add New Plugin”
- From your Admin UI (Dashboard), use the menu to select Plugins -> Add New
- Search for ‘cbnet Favicon’
- Click the ‘Install’ button to open the plugin’s repository listing
- Click the ‘Install’ button
Activiation and Use
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- From your Admin UI (Dashboard), use the menu to select Options -> Favicon
- Configure settings, and save
- How do I choose a Favicon?
Just upload a file of your own. Note that Favicons file type must be one of ICO, PNG, JPEG, or GIF.
- I use Internet Explorer. Why don’t the icons appear on the options page? Are my options saved?
Internet Explorer doesn’t render .ico files in HTML files.
“cbnet Favicon” 是开源软件。 以下人员对此插件做出了贡献。贡献者
- Minor Revision
- Integrate into core Site Icon feature
** If WordPress 4.3 or greater, requires favicon configuration via core Site Icon feature.
** Images previously configured as favicons using the Plugin are available in the Media Library, and can be used for the core Site Icon feature
** Plugin will continue to work, but is not supported, in versions of WordPress older than 4.3.
- Major Revision
- Plugin completely rewritten:
** Settings API support
** Implement settings via wp_head
** Made Plugin parameters filterable
** Made Plugin translation-ready
** Removed all cruft code
- WARNING: Old settings will not be retained
- Readme.txt update
- Updated Donate Link in readme.txt
- Initial Release
- Forked from MaxBlogPress Favicon plugin version 2.0.9