CNET API Search adds the ability to search the CNET.com product catalog and
include product information in your WordPress post entries.
The CNET API Search wordpress plugin adds a search widget to your blog edit
page that allows you to search CNETs product catalog. The widget returns
product prices, images and reviews which can be dragged and dropped into
your blog post.
- Uses the CNET API to display a retractable search box
- Results contain thumbnail images of the product, the product price, name an
- Supports copying CNET images, links and reviews to the WP visual editor
0.9 – Initial release
Email: emailbillgraham at yahoo dot com
Copyright (C) 2007 Bill Graham
Some code modified and redistributed from Rich Manalang:
Copyright (C) 2005-2007 Rich Manalang
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as
published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the
License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307
- Extract the cnet-api-search.zip file to your wp-content\plugins
- Go to the WordPress plugins admin panel then activate the
CNET API Search plugin.
- Go to Options > CNET to add your CNET Developers Key.
- The post edit page should now have a button on the right hand side
of the Write/Edit Post and Write/Edit Page pages
- How is it licensed?
- What are the requirements?
- WordPress 2.1 or later