This is a syntax highlighter plugin which also acts as an interface to the online compiler api service on cloud provided by https://www.compilebin.com. It interacts with cloud service via rest APIs i.e, submit the code and get the output. Users need to signup and get an api key which is to be updated in the plugin to use the service. Plugin contains a link for signing up for the service. There is no security concern on the web server as the task of code execution is offloaded to the cloud service. The plugin uses the following open source libraries :
1) Code prettify for syntax highlighting
2) Ace code editor
Please visit https://www.compilebin.com for more information about the service.
Note that this plugin can also be used purely as a syntax highlighter only by hiding the run button on your code snippets. This mode of usage is free of any charges. Run button will not be visible on public view.
Please report issues to firstname.lastname@example.org
This plugin is actively maintained and we will fix the reported issues as soon as possible.
- Upload the plugin to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
- Use ‘Insert code’ button to launch code editor and signup on https://www.compilebin.com to get your API key.
- You don’t need any key in case you are using only syntax highlighting feature and do not want users to execute code on your website.
“Compilebin” 是开源软件。 以下人员对此插件做出了贡献。贡献者
Dark theme for code snippets in public view.
Feature to enable pop up of dialog box to edit saved code with double click instead of single click.
Support for fullscreen code editor in public view.
Copy button to copy the code to clipboard in public view.
Support for highlighting selected portion of web design code in public view.
Support for highlighting selected portion of code in public view.
Introduced support for displaying line numbers in syntax highlighted code
Fixed display issue in firefox
Support for syntax highlighting of languages for which compilation feature is not available.
Fixed display issue for web design code snippets.
Resolved notices thrown in wp_debug mode.
Custom settings inroduced to set preferences like hiding run button, default editor, default theme and programming language.