Delete Original Image is a WordPress plugin to delete the the original image file uploaded.
The problem that solves, is that the original image file is usually huge (can be >6MB if it is a photograph) and it is never published on the pages, so there is no need to keep it on your server, and it it a must to delete it, if you have limited storage space and you are uploading tons of pictures.
The plugin gives you the option to enable/disable this, to be done automatically when you upload an image.
And/or you can do it in bulk for all your previously uploaded images.
Specifically, this plugin copy the ‘large’ image ( i.e: your-pic-1038×576.jpg ) to the original file path ( i.e.: your-pic.jpg ).
Nothing should brake, all other plugins should keep working, but you need to know that the original image is no longer available on your site, so please do a backup if you think you may need the original images in the future.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/delete-original-imagedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Tools -> Delete Original Image screen to configure the plugin
- Can I revert the changes?
No. I encourage you to do a backup of your site, or at least your images, in case you want the original, full size image in the future.
- Will I have to change anything on my posts?
No, no other action should be necessary, the original file you uploaded, is replaced with the WordPress
“Delete Original Image” 是开源软件。 以下人员对此插件做出了贡献。贡献者
将“Delete Original Image”翻译成您的语言。
- Plugin released
- April 2016. Fixed bug! The plugin failed for images that were not uploaded in the current month
- June 2017. Fixed Readme.txt
- Updated plugin’s and donation’s link