Replace the add-to-cart button in Easy Digital Downloads with a direct link to the download file when the product is free and has only one file. This only works when the file is an external link to a web-accessible file.
For archive pages on the Shop Front theme, the cart icon is replaced with a download icon and direct download link.
Want to see it in action? Check out the WebAware shop — it’s running this plugin.
- Albanian (sq) — the Albanian translation team
- Chinese (zh_CN) — the Chinese (simplified) translation team
- English (en_CA) — the English (Canadian) translation team
- English (en_GB) — the English (British) translation team
- French (fr_FR) — the French translation team
- Hungarian (hu_HU) — Tom Vicces
- Japanese (ja) — the Japanese translation team
- Norwegian: Bokmål (nb_NO) — neonnero
- Norwegian: Nynorsk (nn_NO) — neonnero
If you’d like to help out by translating this plugin, please sign up for an account and dig in.
- 本插件可以通过 WordPress 管理界面自动安装，或是下载 .zip 文件、解压后上传至 /wp-content/plugins/ 进行安装。阅读 WordPress Codex 上的 安装插件 教程以获取更多信息。
Because I wanted to add my free plugins to an Easy Digital Downloads shop, without making it harder to download them from the shop than from WordPress.org plugin pages.
Are downloads logged in Easy Digital Downloads?
No. Downloads are direct from the site hosting the linked file.
Yes, see Downloads > Settings > Extensions. There’s also a filter hook,
edd_free_link_label, if you want finer control over the link label.
Yes, there are templates. Look in the templates folder of the plugin. There’s also a filter hook,
edd_free_link_template, if you want finer control over which template is used.
“Easy Digital Downloads Free Link” 是开源软件。 以下人员对此插件做出了贡献。贡献者
The full changelog can be found on GitHub. Recent entries:
- changed: requires minimum PHP version 5.6 (recommend version 7.2 or greater)
- tested: WordPress 5.0