Send the Easy Digital Downloads events to Google Analytics (GA4). I tried a few plugins in the past to do this, but it never really worked for me, so I decided to work on my own. It works perfectly in my case but you might encounter issues with your setup; in this case, let’s make it better together 🙂
- It currently supports ‘view_item’, ‘add_to_cart’, ‘removed_from_cart’, ‘begin_checkout’ and ‘purchase’.
- The ‘view_item’ event is fired when the different options of prices are being displayed (only once per visitor/session and per download). I prevent the plugin from sending the ‘view_item’ event more than once per download, even though the page is reloaded.
- In my case, with EDD, the ‘add_to_cart’ and ‘begin_checkout’ happen at the same time, because I don’t use Add To Cart, but directly a Purchase button. I haven’t tested this plugin with Add To Cart.
- My implementation is based on my usage and therefore open to ideas, so don’t hesitate to reach me!
You will need another plugin, such as Meow Analytics, to add the GA tracking code to your website. This plugin will then be able to call the Google Analytics API through the gtag function. If Google Analytics is not set, the plugin will log the events as warnings in the console.1. Upload the plugin to WordPress.
2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
3. Don’t forget to use a plugin to add the Analytics Tracking Code (like Meow Analytics).
“eCommerce Analytics for Easy Digital Downloads” 是开源软件。 以下人员对此插件做出了贡献。贡献者
- Update: Cleaned the code.
- Info: The plugin is stable and works fine 🙂
- Add: Added the ‘begin_checkout’ event.
- Add: Log to a file.
- Fix: Use WordPress local date and time.
- Info: First release.