Filter Comments brings a powerful new way to protect your posts from bad comments. Negative comments on your blog posts has been a nightware for every blogger, but now you can easily remove bad words from your post comments.
Filter Comments perform following functions:
* Specify words that needs to be replaced/removed
* Specify a replacer e.g. replace “ugly” to “nice”
* View actual comment from the dashboard
* Add as many words as you like
If you want to remove the word altogether, you can just leave the “Replace with” field and that work will no longer appear in your post comments.
The idea for Filter Comments came from a desire that you do not have to review each and every comment before approve. You can approve all comments but filter some words from it.
This file is part of Filter Comments.
Filter Comments is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published
by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License,
or (at your option) any later version.
Filter Comments is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with Filter Comments. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
- Upload the zip file from admin Dashboard -> Plugins -> Add New -> Upload Plugin.
- Go to the ‘Plugins’ page in the menu and activate the plugin.
- Use the Settings -> Filter Comments page to start using this plugin.
- Write a word to be replaced and its replacer, and you will see the magic in comments 🙂
- Will I be able to see the actual comment of user
Yes, but only you. And only from admin dashboard.