Through the use of the WordPress custom Taxonomy API you can add sub categories to your posts such as eCommerce, Books or Plugins.
This can be especially useful if you have an eCommerce platform which uses custom post types in conjunction with custom taxonomies.
In case you are not familiar with custom taxonomies there are two parts when you create a custom taxonomy.
There is the taxonomy itself and the terms associated with that taxonomy. So for the Tag taxonomy, for example,
the taxonmy is Tag and the terms are the tags which are added to posts. In the case of categories the taxonomy is
Categories and the terms are each category value which have beed added.
The features of the Toolkit are :-
- Bulk removal of terms from posts
- Bulk addition of terms to posts
- Taxonomy and term creation
- Taxonomy and term deletion
- Moving terms from one taxonomy to another
- Taxonomy editing
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/fofo-taxo-toolkitdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
Why does the code refer to Foxdell Folio and the url is for Foxdell Codesmiths?
This plugin was originally for publish elsewhere but never got completed. I have only recently
completed the outstanding parts of the code and am now publishing it on the WordPress.org plugin repository. When I originally wrote the code it was under my personal brand Foxdell Folio. However I am now running my own WordPress development company which is called Foxdell Codesmiths.
“Foxdell Folio Taxonomy Toolkit” 是开源软件。 以下人员对此插件做出了贡献。贡献者
- Fix hardcoded plugin name in plugin url constant(fixes issue with style sheet not found)
- First version