The ‘JJ NextGen JQuery Carousel’ allows you to create a ‘JCarousel’ (http://sorgalla.com/projects/jcarousel/) as a widget or as a shortcode.
This plugin uses the ‘NextGen Gallery’ plugin for its images.
- NextGen Gallery Plugin (https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/nextgen-gallery/)
NextGen Gallery Integration:
- This plugin uses the original width and height of the image uploaded so make sure the images are the correct dimensions when uploaded.
- If a width and height are defined under the configuration all images will be resized to those dimensions (Highly recommended).
- Alt & Title Text Field: Provide a full url here and the image will link to this. Only works if alt field starts with either of these; /, http, or ftp.
- Description Field: Will be used as image alt text. If alt text is present but not a valid url alt text will be used instead for image alt text.
You can specify the following parameters:
NOTE: sc means shortcode:
- Title: Title. Leave blank for no title. (sc: title=”My Carousel”)
- Gallery: Leave blank to use all galleries or choose a gallery to use. (sc: gallery=”galleryid”)
- Order: Order to display results in. You can choose; Random, Latest First, Oldest First, or NextGen Sortorder. Random will still work when a page is cached. (sc: order=”random”|”asc”|”desc”|”sortorder”)
- Max pictures: The maximum amount of pictures to use. (sc: max_pictures=”6″)
- HTML id: HTML id to use. Defaults to ‘jcarousel’. Needs to be different for multiple instances on same page. (sc: html_id=”jcarousel”)
- Skin class: Class of skinning to use. Defaults to use the tango skin. (sc: skin_class=”jcarousel-skin-tango”)
- Image width: Width of image. Defaults to 75. (sc: width=”200″)
- Image height: Height of image. Defaults to 75. (sc: height=”150″)
- Image gap: Gap between images. (sc: gap=”5″)
Please check the JCarousel home page for more details (http://sorgalla.com/projects/jcarousel/#Configuration).
- vertical: Specifies wether the carousel appears in horizontal or vertical orientation. Changes the carousel from a left/right style to a up/down style carousel. (sc: vertical=”setting”)
- rtl: Specifies whether the carousel appears in RTL (Right-To-Left) mode. (sc: rtl=”setting”)
- start: The index of the item to start with. (sc: start=”setting”)
- offset: The index of the first available item at initialisation. (sc: offset=”setting”)
- size: Size of existing elements if size is not passed explicitly uses the number of total items. (sc: size=”setting”)
- scroll: The number of items to scroll by. (sc: scroll=”setting”)
- visible: If passed, the width/height of the items will be calculated and set depending on the width/height of the clipping, so that exactly that number of items will be visible. (sc: visible=”setting”)
- animation: The speed of the scroll animation as string in jQuery terms (“slow” or “fast”) or milliseconds as integer (See jQuery Documentation). If set to 0, animation is turned off. (sc: animation=”setting”)
- easing: The name of the easing effect that you want to use (See jQuery Documentation). (sc: easing=”setting”)
- auto: Specifies how many seconds to periodically autoscroll the content. If set to 0 (default) then autoscrolling is turned off. (sc: auto=”setting”)
- wrap: Specifies whether to wrap at the first/last item (or both) and jump back to the start/end. Options are “first”, “last”, “both” or “circular” as string. If set to null, wrapping is turned off (default). (sc: wrap=”setting”)
- [jj-ngg-jquery-carousel html_id=”about-jcarousel” gallery=”1″]
- [jj-ngg-jquery-carousel title=”Hello” html_id=”about-jcarousel” gallery=”1″ vertical=”true”]
- [jj-ngg-jquery-carousel html_id=”about-jcarousel” gallery=”2″ width=”150″ height=”100″ visible=”2″ scroll=”1″ auto=”3″]
Try out my other plugins:
- JJ NextGen JQuery Slider (https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/jj-nextgen-jquery-slider/)
- JJ NextGen JQuery Cycle (https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/jj-nextgen-jquery-cycle/)
- JJ NextGen Unload (https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/jj-nextgen-unload/)
- JJ NextGen Image List (https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/jj-nextgen-image-list/)
- JJ SwfObject (https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/jj-swfobject/)
Please refer to the description for requirements and how to use this plugin.
- Copy the entire directory from the downloaded zip file into the /wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Activate the “JJ NextGen JQuery Carousel” plugin in the Plugin Management page.
- Refer to the description to use the plugin as a widget and or a shortcode.
- How do you make a new skin?
- Make a copy of the skins/tango folder located in the plugin folder.
- Rename folder to something else.
- Copy folder to a location where you can create a link to it in the head of your html page. Don’t put in plugins folder or your changes could be lost in updates.
- In skin.css file replace all ‘.jcarousel-skin-tango’ selectors with your own eg, ‘jcarousel-skin-custom’.
- Make your modifications to skin.css.
- Import your new skin.css file in to your html page.
- Use the ‘Skin class’ field in the widget or the shortcode skin_class to assign your new skin class eg, ‘jcarousel-skin-custom’.
- How do you make carousel scroll in the other direction?
- Make scroll parameter a negative number eg -1 or -2 etc. Note: make sure auto is set to number of seconds for auto scrolling.
- How can I use plugin inside normal PHP code?
- echo do_shortcode(‘[jj-ngg-jquery-carousel html_id=”about-jcarousel” gallery=”2″ width=”150″ height=”100″ visible=”2″ scroll=”1″ auto=”3″]’);
- Doesn’t work after upgrade? or Doesn’t work with this theme?
- Please check that you don’t have two versions of jQuery loading, this is the problem most of the time. Sometimes a theme puts in
tags at the end of newlines aswell.
“JJ NextGen JQuery Carousel” 是开源软件。 以下人员对此插件做出了贡献。贡献者
- 1.1.8: rtl fix.
- 1.1.7: FAQ.
- 1.1.6: Donate to Christchurch Quake.
- 1.1.5: Gap fixes.
- 1.1.4: Readme.
- 1.1.3: Readme.
- 1.1.1: Fix.
- 1.1.0: Optimisation.
- 1.0.9: FAQ about how to make carousel scroll in other direction.
- 1.0.8: NextGen images that are excluded now don’t show up.
- 1.0.7: Images attribute border=”0″ added. before_title, after_title, before_widget, after_widget enabled for widgets. No styling on ul and li now in widget.
- 1.0.6: Widget header is now a h2 tag. Widget output fix.
- 1.0.5: FAQ update with how to create a new skin.
- 1.0.4: Better support for NextGen galleries already created. Alt text is now checked to see if its a url. If its not a url alt text will be used for image alt instead of description if it exists.
- 1.0.3: Tidy up.
- 1.0.2: Unobstrusive js not required so now faster to load.
- 1.0.0: First version.