Powered by NerdTools.co.uk, this plugin will automatically and anonymously check the authors IP address against the NerdTools Bad Bots Intrusion & Spam Detection database.
If a match is detected no commenting will be allowed and a custom error message will be displayed instead, if no match is detected commenting will be allowed as normal.
More information can be found at http://www.nerdtools.co.uk/badbots/
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Head to ‘Settings’ then ‘NT BB Spam Defender’ and check the box to enable the plugin and add a custom error message if required and hit ‘Save Changes’
- That’s it you will now be protected from future known spammers
- How do I report spam authors to the database?
We have a seperate plugin to do this called NerdTools Bad Bots Spam Reporter which will automatically report the author of any comment classed as spam.
“NerdTools Bad Bots Spam Defender” 是开源软件。 以下人员对此插件做出了贡献。贡献者
- Initial release
- Message added to prompt activation if plugin is installed but not enabled
- Minor grammar updates to readme.txt changelog and upgrade notice section