With the introduction of the admin bar in WordPress 3.1, I wanted to have the links to the Now-Reading Reloaded’s various pages up on that bar. Since Ben has stated on his site that he is no longer actively developing the plugin, I decided to write this “mini-plugin” to add the links.
- Ben Gunnink: author of Now Reading Reloaded plugin
- EAMann: wrote the answer at WordPress.SE on which this plugin is based.
- Add I18n support.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Do I have to install Now-Reading Reloaded too?
Yes. Now-Reading Admin Bar Menu (MLM) does not include any of the functionality of Now-Reading Reloaded. It simply adds the same backend menu links to the admin bar introduced in WordPress 3.1.
- Will these links show up if I don’t have Now-Reading Reloaded plugin activated?
While I’ve not actually tested (this is version 0 after all), the links should not show if Now-Reading Reloaded is not installed & active. This plugin checks for the
nr_check_versionsfunction from Now-Reading Reloaded before it attempts to generate the admin bar menu.
“Now-Reading Admin Bar Menu” 是开源软件。 以下人员对此插件做出了贡献。贡献者
- Tested and working with WordPress 4.9.1.
- Tested and working with WordPress 4.1.1.
- Tested and working with WordPress 4.0.
- I’ve been forgetful about updating the tested up to version, but I’ve not had any problems using this plugin with WordPress 3.8.
- Updating the forgotten version/stable version tags after committing 0.2.1.
- Fixed typo in the Plugin URL
- Added a submenu (off of View Library) to display/link to those books you are currently reading.
- Added a link to view your library from the admin bar menu.
- This version was not published to the WordPress Plugin directory, as I kept trying (and failing) to add support for translating it.
- Initial release