Selecting “Open link in a new window” in the builtin WordPress WYSIWYG editor breack XHTML strict compliance by adding the attribute target=”_blank” to anchor tags. This plugin fixes the problem by replacing the target attribute with a common class attribute and then using a simple jquery script to open the link in a new window. This method allows for correct validation using XHTML 1.0 Strict.
Released under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
- Upload all files to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Moved to iThemes.com
- Tested in 3.8.1
- Updated Bit51 library
- Updated support and changelog to WordPress.org
- Minor refactoring
- Fixed PHP 5.2 bug
- Various typo and other corrections
- Minor bugfixes and refactoring
- New language translation support
- Completely rewritten codebase using my new Bit51 plugin library
- Added option to turn off plugin functionality for debugging
- target.js now links dynamically to handle a non-standard wp-content folder
- Now supported by Bit51.com
- Updated WordPress compliance
- Updated Homepage
- Spelling correction
- Request for project maintainers.
- Fixed installation instructions in readme.
- Added option page for donations
- New plugin homepage
- Correct plugin website address
- Minor bug fix
- Fixed error in readme file
- Changed author
- Cleanups and bug-fixes. Now tested with WP 3.0.1
- Now takes into account links that already have the class attribute
- First release.