Simple Google Analytics plugin makes Google Analytics tracking easier. If you want to activate universal tracking for your website, all you need to do is enter your tracking ID in the plugin settings.
What is Universal Google Analytics?
Universal Analytics is the new and upgraded operating standard for Google Analytics. It provides a better data collection and organization system in your Google analytics account to help you understand how users interact with your content. If you are already using Google Analytics, you can follow two steps in your account to upgrade from classic analytics to universal analytics.
Benefits of Universal Google Analytics
- Connect multiple devices and sessions to the same user
- More accurate user count
- Analyze the signed-in experience of a user
- Access to cross device reports
- Custom dimensions and metrics to collect data specific to your business
- Automatically detect the most popular search engines and attributes organic search traffic to these sources
- Control how long sessions and campaigns last by setting a timeout for it
- Choose which domains will be left out from your referral traffic sources
- Exclude certain search terms from being identified in your account when a user find your website using it
- Get access to all the features of classic analytics and new features of universal analytics
For documentation please visit the Universal Google Analytics plugin page.
- Go to the Add New plugins screen in your WordPress Dashboard
- Click the upload tab
- Browse for the plugin file (simple-universal-google-analytics.zip) on your computer
- Click “Install Now” and then hit the activate button
Can this plugin be used to enable Google Analytics tracking in WordPress?
“Simple Universal Google Analytics” 是开源软件。 以下人员对此插件做出了贡献。贡献者
- Tracking code is now added if the current user does not have the “manage_options” capability.
- Added download tracking option with the Easy Media Download plugin.
- Added translation option so the plugin can take advantage of language packs
- Simple Universal Google Analytics is now compatible with WordPress 4.4
- Simple Universal Google Analytics is now compatible with WordPress 4.3
- First commit