AWS S3 for WordPress Plugin helps you keep your Media Library files in an AWS S3 bucket or many other S3 compatible storage providers like DigitalOcean Spaces, Linode Object Storage, Wasabi, Vultr Object Storage, DreamObjects and more.
This plugin helps your website speed and reduces footprint of your website by moving all or certain file types to S3 compatible storage. It will also help you reduce cost of your web hosting since you will need less space or bandwidth on your website’s server.
Our plugin offers you a seamless integration between your WordPress Media Gallery and AWS S3 or S3 compatible storage provider.
Why should I choose S3 for WordPress plugin?
You can migrate an unlimited number of files to S3 storage.
The tools you need
You can move your files to and from S3, choose from existing buckets, create new buckets from plugins interface (PRO).
Easy to use settings and tools panel with a smart design.
Increased website performance
All your files will be served from S3 buckets taking load off your server and increasing the speed of your website.
This has a beneficial impact on ranking in search engines like Google;
Also offer a better performance of the website because the media files are loaded from another server than the one your website is hosted on.
Seamless file migration
You can store remotely any type of files that WordPress supports: Images, Documents, Audio, Video.
Lowers website footprint
By storing your media library files on S3 storage, your website consumes less space and bandwidth on your server.
By needing less resources you will decrease your website web hosting charges.
Credentials are encrypted and after set can’t be revealed again.
Better website cloning for development
Let’s say you have a huge website with lots of content (files, images, PDF, mp3 etc.) and you need to do some work to it.
You will have to clone the website on your local machine to do some development. This process will take a considerable amount of time in a normal situation.
If you have S3 for WordPress installed and the media files transferred to S3 you will not have to move the files from the server to your local machine.
All the files will be delivered from S3 and will be also available to see and manage in local environment.
- Unlimited files: no limits regarding how many files you can move;
- Quick setup;
- (NEW) AWS S3 or any other S3 compatible service provider works: Files are uploaded to AWS S3 or S3 compatible storage and delivered to everyone from S3 storage servers;
- (NEW) Define a custom endpoint: now you can use any S3 compatible storage provider like Linode Object Storage, DigitalOcean Spaces, DreamObjects, Wasabi, Vultr Object Storage and many more. All you have to do is to define a custom endpoint in the newly added field;
- (NEW) AWS S3 region selection: you can select a region from AWS available regions. Also you can add your own region if you use an S3 compatible storage provider;
- Keep or delete files: Option to keep the files only on S3, only on website’s server or on both servers;
- Only new files will be uploaded to S3. You have to upgrade to PRO before migrating old files to S3 storage;
- File type filter: you can choose which type of files you want moved to S3: Images, Documents, Audio, Video and others;
- View buckets: view already created buckets;
- Select Bucket: use an already created bucket;
- Increased security (encrypted credentials);
- Multipart Uploader: for faster and more stable upload experience;
PRO features brings you a whole new experience
All the free features +
- Email support;
- Premium updates;
- Bucket creation tool: you can create a bucket directly from the plugin interface;
- (NEW) Set your own batch size: now you can increase or decrease the number of images transferred to S3 in one request. This will help those who have dedicated servers to upload faster. This option is for advanced users only and should be used with caution;
- File type filter: you can choose which type of files you want moved to S3: Images, Documents, Audio, Video and/or others;
- Migrate certain file types or all files from website’s server to S3 and back. When you start the process of migration it runs in the background, and you can leave the page.
- Deliver your files to your visitors through a CDN like Amazon Cloudfront or other
- Support for huge files up to 5Tb (only for upload).
To use this plugin you will have to:
For AWS S3:
- Create an AWS S3 account: How to create an AWS S3 account?
- Generate your “Access key ID” and “Secret access key”
- Create your IAM credentials and copy them somewhere safe to use in plugin settings
For other S3 storage providers:
- Choose an S3 compatible storage provider and create an account
- Generate and copy your “Access key ID” and “Secret access key”
- Find and copy your “custom endpoint” details
Installation and Configuration:
To configure the plugin all you have to do is to follow these simple steps:
1. Install AWS S3 Offload
2. If you need the extra features upgrade to PRO
3. Go to: Admin dashboard -> Media -> S3 Offload Settings
4. Add your “Access key ID”, “Secret access key” and “Region”
5. If you use Linode Object Storage, DigitalOcean Spaces, DreamObjects, Wasabi, Vultr Object Storage or any other S3 compatible storage provider you also need to define a custom endpoint in plugin’s setting. You can usually find this in your storage provider documentation.
5. Click on Save Settings
6. Select your already created bucket or create a new one (you can create a new bucket from the plugin’s interface if you have a PRO license)
7. Click on Save
Now you have a seamless integration between your WordPress Media Library and S3 storage.
All the future images you upload in your WordPress Media Library will be automatically be moved to S3 storage and are served to you and to your visitors from S3 servers.
The plugin is not working as expected. What can I do?
- Check your plugins and DISABLE all the plugins that alters/enhances/modifies the default WordPress Media Library functionality
- Check your plugins and DISABLE all the plugins that use of AWS services
- Verify if AWS S3 for WordPress is working
- If after these steps AWS S3 for WordPress plugin still doesn’t work please write to us on the support forum, so we can help you.
- We appreciate all the feedback we can collect. Please write to us about any incompatibility you found, so we can try to solve it.
Can I use this plugin with S3 compatible storage providers like Linode Object Storage, DigitalOcean Spaces, DreamObjects, Wasabi, Vultr Object Storage?
Yes, AWS S3 for WordPress by Upcasted can be used with any S3 compatible storage provider.
All you have to do is search for your storage provider custom endpoint and add it to “Define custom endpoint” field in plugin settings.
Can I keep a copy of the files on my server
Yes you can. Go to plugin setting under Media Library > S3 Offload Settings and choose the behavior you want.
You can keep or not a copy of the files on your website’s server or on S3 if you migrate back.
How can I migrate all my media library files to S3?
You need to upgrade your plan to PRO. You will have tools to move files to and from S3 bucket. You can do that by installing the free version and then press Upgrade under Media Gallery > S3 Offload Settings > Upgrade
Is AWS S3 for WordPress compatible with WooCommerce?
Yes, AWS S3 for WordPress by Upcasted is compatible with WooCommerce.
Is AWS S3 for WordPress compatible with Elementor?
Yes, AWS S3 for WordPress by Upcasted is compatible with Elementor.
Is AWS S3 for WordPress compatible with LearnDash?
Yes, AWS S3 for WordPress by Upcasted is compatible with LearnDash.
Does this plugin copies or moves local files to AWS S3?
AWS S3 for WordPress Plugin by Upcasted moves the files you upload in WordPress Media Library to the S3 bucket chosen after you activated the plugin.
“AWS S3 for WordPress Plugin – Upcasted” 是开源软件。 以下人员对此插件做出了贡献。贡献者
- Upgraded: minimum PHP version to 7.0
- Added: New input “Define custom endpoint”. This is necessary only for those who prefer on using other S3 storage providers like Linode Object Storage, DigitalOcean Spaces, DreamObjects, Wasabi, Vultr Object Storage and many more.
- Added: New input “Define batch size”. This is useful to those who want to move more or less files in a batch when migrating media files.
- Enhancement: Better error handling
- Enhancement: Rewritten plugin code and optimised logic for better performance and stability
- Enhancement: Now the Region has a select box with all the available AWS S3 regions. For those who prefer S3 compatible storage providers it allows you to put a custom value if needed.
- Removed: In window migration tool with AJAX. That tool was not stable and permitted only a small number of files to be migrated.
- Tested also with the new WordPress 5.9
- Enhancement: Made file type filter more human-readable
- Added: Filetype mime filter. Now you can filter the files you upload to AWS my mime type.
- Update: Freemius SDK updated to the latest version
- Fix: Some users could not delete certain files like .mp3, .mov, .pdf, .mp4
- Fix: Images were not showing after installing and connecting the plugin.
- The plugin is fully compatible with WordPress 5.6
!Important – Please update because this version is more reliable
* Fix: now all files are uploaded correctly (PDF and many other work)
* Enhancement: you can now move you files faster than ever. Huge speed increase.
!Important – Please update because this version is more reliable
* Feature: new uploader so you can upload files faster
* Feature: support for huge files up to 5Tb
* Feature: option to choose if you want or not to keep a copy on website server
* Enhancement: Interface improvements
* Enhancement: Added detailed description for every tool
* [PRO] Fixed: sometimes if the transfer stopped because of an error it could not continue past that attachment and got stuck
* [PRO] Feature: support for CDN
* [PRO] Feature: support for background transfer of the files to and from S3
* [PRO] Feature: option to choose if you want or not to keep a copy on Amazon S3 when migrating files back to server.
- Added Multipart Uploader, so it can upload large files without any problems
- !IMPORTANT Fixed some issues with the licensing that made the plugin to malfunction.
- Renamed the plugin