WP HTML5 Outliner (WPH5O) adds an HTML 5 outline plus a heading-level outline to the WordPress Toolbar.
- Matches the outlines provided by the W3C Markup Validation Service. Caveat: In an HTML 5 outline, the W3C validator may hide some of the headings in an
<hgroup>if any of them are empty. WPH5O will not. This difference is presentational, not structural.
- Adds an ‘Outline’ node to the Toolbar. Outlines are displayed in a dropdown box, with the option to view them in a new browser window.
- Runs only on pages or posts the user can edit. Administrators can view outlines for any page or post. Administration Screens are not outlined.
- What is an HTML 5 outline?
An HTML 5 outline represents the sections of an HTML document. Each section corresponds to an element from one of three categories:
Sections may be nested to create subsections.
Source: W3C HTML 5.2 Specification
- What is a heading-level outline?
A heading-level outline represents the sections of an HTML document. Each section corresponds to a heading element. Sections may be nested to create subsections.
- Why do these outlines matter?
Each outline shows how well a page meets web standards for marking up document structure. User agents, particularly screen readers, use the heading-level outline to aid navigation. However, no web browsers or assistive technologies make use of the HTML 5 outline. So, really, the question is this: Why does that outline matter?
Although user agents still haven’t implemented the HTML 5 outline (introduced in 2008), developers aren’t giving up on it. And they have their reasons. The MDN web docs highlight some problems solved by HTML 5 document structure.
- Is there developer documentation?
“WP HTML5 Outliner” 是开源软件。 以下人员对此插件做出了贡献。贡献者
- Change text domain to plugin slug.
- Add i18n support to JS files.
- Edit readme section titled “Why do these outlines matter?”.
- Add function to load plugin’s text domain.
- Ensure ‘No outline was created’ message replaces heading-level outline if source has no headings.
- Fix notices for empty headings in an hgroup element that also contains non-heading elements.
- Shorten Toolbar node title to “Outline”.
- Release the plugin!