This plugin will animate a regular anchor navigation with a smooth scrolling effect.
Each time a link is clicked, the whole screen will gradually scroll to the targeted element, instead of “jumping” as it’d normally do.
jQuery.ScrollTo is used for the animation.
- Upload the
wp-localscrollfolder and all contents to
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- How to create jump links in WordPress?
What you need:
- An element with an id that acts as the anchor
- A link that uses the format #anchor_id
- In the Visual Editor click on the HTML Editor
- Locate the end point of the jump in HTML view
- Add an id attribute to your end point
- Using the built-in WordPress link dialog box, add your link in the usual way at the origin point
- You should be good to go
Need detailed examples of steps 3 & 4! Maybe a screen shot or two?? 1-In the Visual Editor click on the HTML Editor- Got it. 2-Locate the end point of the jump in HTML view- Got it, I think- 'End point' meaning where I want the page to scroll to? 3-Add an id attribute to your end point. - Umm what?????? I need details! Exact code character by character to be typed with [your anchor point inserted here]and such.... Yeah I'm a newbie and know no html. 4-Using the built-in WordPress link dialog box, add your link in the usual way at the origin point- Again, yes I know how to make links using the box, but what exactly do I put in as the link. The above code character by character or just my anchor point word? 5-You should be good to go - With more detailed help I sure hope so 🙂 Also, about how to adjust the speed of the scrolling. In a comment below, something mentioned about a php file. Ugh.. what is that and how do I access it? I will change my rating if I can ever get this working 🙂 Thanks
“WP LocalScroll” 是开源软件。 以下人员对此插件做出了贡献。贡献者
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the JS from loading on the front-end.
- Initial release.