Site developers and operators can easily create help documentation and notices for the admin area. Include a help section with pages of instructions, or add a help box just about anywhere on the back-end (see site locations and page locations below).
- Supports custom post types
- Supports Gutenberg and Classic editors
- Completely customizeable – colors, admin menu name, icon, logo, etc
- Change the admin footer text to admin contact information or whatever you want
- Easily import settings from another site
- Import or auto-feed documents from another site
- Users can reset meta box and admin list column preferences from profile page
- Use it for notices and reminders, too!
- Main documentation page
- Admin bar
- Post/page edit screen
- Post/page admin list screen
- All other pages that are listed on admin menu
- Contextual help (even on Gutenberg)
- Install the plugin from your website’s plugin directory, or upload the plugin to your plugins folder.
- Activate it.
- Go to Help Docs in your admin menu.
Who can add a help section?
Anyone that has the Administrator role, or other roles that you specify.
Can I use the same documentation across multiple sites?
Yes, you can choose to automatically feed documents or import them locally from a remote site with the same plugin.
Where can I request features and get further support?
Join my WordPress Support Discord server
Since the fantastic Simple Documentation by Mathieu Hays hasn't been maintained in 2 years, this plugin has stepped in to take up the slack. It's simple but powerful for adding developer documentation to multiple sites easily. It allows you to add documentation to specific pages (including custom post type pages) as well as maintain a central documentation list for the client. Highly recommended for developers to use.
The best plugin for documentation. Highly recommended if you want to add help boxes on pages for admins that don't know what they are doing. Also having a dedicated help section with instructions is very useful. Very cool that I get to change the name and colors, too! I am able to eliminate a lot of repetitive questions. I can also use it for notices when I need to alert my team before they make important changes to the site. And there are no premium options that you don't have access to; it is completely free! Kudos!
“Admin Help Docs” 是开源软件。 以下人员对此插件做出了贡献。贡献者
- Tweak: Updated Discord support link
- Tweak: Added icons to dashboard TOC
- Tweak: Added ability to add imports/feeds to dashboard TOC
- Fix: Hid “Add to Dashboard TOC” by default
- Fix: Replaced early escapes with sanitizers
- Update: Added dashboard table of contents (props Chris MacLean#5505 for suggestion)
- Tweak: Updated changelog to use commonly used prefixes (Fix, Tweak, and Update)
- Update: Added optional setting for allowing the addition of missing user meta merge tags to Gravity Forms dropdowns
- Update: Added missing
- Fix: Excerpt meta box title changing on other post types
- Update: Added video to readme
- Tweak: When resetting settings, added a notice instead of attempting to refresh
- Fix: Nested ordered lists on main documentation page not showing proper list types
- Update: Added links to plugins list page
- Fix: Minor fixes
- Update: Added feedback form to About tab
- Initial release on WP.org January 23, 2023
- Created plugin on November 14, 2022