This is a simple plugin that allows you to clone (duplicate) posts, pages and custom post types in WordPress.
- Enable clone feature for Posts, Pages or any Custom Post Type (CPT)
- Clone single Posts/Pages with one click
- Clone multiple Posts/pages with Bulk feature
- Set default Status & Date of cloned Posts/Pages
- Custom fields (post-metadata) are also copied when duplicating a Post
- Translations ready
- Free with lifetime updates
- Build according to best practices and WordPress coding standards
- In your WordPress admin panel, go to Plugins > New Plugin, search for “Clone Posts” and click “Install now”
- Alternatively, download the plugin and upload the contents of clone-posts.zip to your plugins directory, which usually is /wp-content/plugins/
- Activate the plugin
- Go to “Clone Posts” page under your Settings menu
- Configure the plugin options with available settings
When is “Clone Posts” needed?
Whenever you want to copy all contents of a post, page or CPT then you can do that with 1-click when you have this plugin installed. You can even clone multiple posts at once using the Bulk action!
Does it require manual coding or file editing?
Absolutely not. No technical knowledge is needed and with just one click you can duplicate any post, page or custom post type! Check out the screenshots above.
Is “Clone Posts” compatible with my theme/plugins?
Of course! “Clone Posts” is compatible with any theme and plugin that follows WordPress coding standards.
- Ensure compatibility with WP 6.1.x
- Maybe Unserialize Meta Values – Thanks @bradvin
- Ensure compatibility with WP 6.0.x
- Remove jQuery and any dependencies
- Add translation template
- WP Coding Standards Compliant
- Handle Warning about options not being an array
- Resolve Notice about Undefined property
- Trailing comma bug – support earlier PHP versions
- Major update – compatible with WP 5.7.x
- Feature: Compatible with Custom Post Types
- Feature: Copy custom fields (post-metadata)
- Feature: Add settings page with options
- Initial version