This WordPress plugin will sent out a customizable notification to a user that has left an comment on your site after approval of the comment.
It’s a tiny plugin which I hope to expand in the near future. Let me know if you miss something.
Icon by Max Steenbergen / maxsteenbergen.com
- In your WordPress Dashboard go to “Plugins” -> “Add Plugin”.
- Search for “Comment Approved”.
- Install the plugin by pressing the “Install” button.
- Activate the plugin by pressing the “Activate” button.
- The settings are accessible trough the settings menu in the sidebar.
- WordPress version 3.0 or greater.
- PHP version 5.2.4 or greater.
- MySQL version 5.0 or greater.
- The latest WordPress version.
- PHP version 5.6 or greater.
- MySQL version 5.6 or greater.
It's not working anymore. I believe after an update it will work again. Still 5 stars. Good plugin.
Hi to all. This plugin does still work. tested to day. 11.07.2020 You have to install a SMTP plugin to deliver your mails to your commenters. The setup is easy. Thanks to the author of the plugin.
Seems simple enough but doesn't work for me.
This plugin does what it claims to do, a simple feature but nice to have for commenters on a moderated blog. Also, the plugin author has been responsive to fixing a minor issue. Thanks!
Works as expected
“Comment Approved” 是开源软件。 以下人员对此插件做出了贡献。贡献者
- [NEW] Added support for [the_title] to display the post title in the notification mail.
- [NEW] Use [the_title] and [name] in the subject of the notification mail.
- [MISC] Removed support for %shortcode% shortcodes, use the [shortcode] syntax instead.
- [NEW] Added support for HTML mails. If you experience any issue, please report through the plugin forum.
- [FIX] Moved position of checkbox from comment_form to comment_form_after_fields
- Tested up to WordPress 4.9.8
- [FIX] Issue where string could not be translated.
- Added .pot file for custom translations
- Tested up to WordPress 4.7
- Added quick link to the options page on the plugin screen
- Add phpDocs
- Tested up to WordPress 4.5
- Security: Prevent direct access to php files
- Security: Prevent direct access to directories
- Fix global translations support
- Delete unused css and js files
- Add missing i18n function
- Update plugin readme file
- Better translation handling
- Using a more reliable action hook
- Updated the translations to support the upcoming translation packs for plugins
- Added a .pot file for custom translations
- Fixed an translation issue, sorry!
- Simplify the codebase thanks to kasparsd
- Enable notifications if Jetpack Comments are detected since they don’t support the opt-in checkbox
- Typo fix
- Tested up to WordPress 4.2.2
- Added option to change the e-mail from headers
- Added option for the default state of the checkbox
- Better translation support
- WordPress 4.2 support
- Minor bugfixes
- Option added for users to opt-in on notifications
- Added option to change the subject (thanks Karl)
- Added plugin icons. Credits for Max Steenbergen / maxsteenbergen.com
- This is a security fix. Please update
- Translation error fixed
- Initial release