Simply put: this plugin gives the Editor role access to edit “theme options”, which includes:
- Appearance > Widgets
- Appearance > Menus
- Appearance > Customize if they are supported by the current theme
- Appearance > Background
- Appearance > Header
Instead of adding this capability by hand on each client site, just install and activate this plugin—it keeps your
functions.php file clean, and keeps this type of functionality where it belongs.
The capability is added to the role once (on plugin activation) and removed when the plugin is deactivated.
/wp-content/plugins/directory, or search for “Editor Theme Options” under Plugins > Add New and click “Install Now”.
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu.
- Why the Editor role, and why this capability?
Editor access to widgets and menus is, by far, the most requested change I’ve had of this nature. I’ve seen similar sentiments.
- Why not use a role editor plugin?
Those work, too! They’re just quite robust, and this is for a specific role and capability.
- Does this work with Multisite?
It should. Please let me know if it doesn’t.
- Can I change the role or capabilities affected?
There aren’t any filters or anything like that. If you know how to
apply_filters, then you can fork the plugin and have it do what you need.
“Editor Theme Options” 是开源软件。 以下人员对此插件做出了贡献。贡献者
将“Editor Theme Options”翻译成您的语言。
- Initial release