Interactive longform articles, with a fading scroll effect.
- Upload the unzipped plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory, or install the plugin via WordPress CMS
- Activate the plugin in Plugins section in WordPress CMS.
- If using WP 5.0+, disable Gutenberg Editor (see instruction below)
- Add a new post or page, and select “Interactive article” as the page template
- Create an Interactive Article (see instruction below)
- Publish article
How to disable the Gutenberg editor
Interactive Longform Articles doesn’t currently support the Gutenberg Editor. Please see your options on disabling the editor at: https://kinsta.com/blog/disable-gutenberg-wordpress-editor
How to create Interactive Articles
- There are a few optional settings you can adjust in Settings > Interactive Longform Articles:
- Enable Interactive Articles as a separate post type
- Enable the “downloads” section
- Enable iframe embedding in text editor
- Add Google Analytics Event tracking
- Adjust the progress indicator color
- A custom logo can be added by enabling Custom Logo for the theme: https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/functionality/custom-logo
Header and footer
- Default header and footer can be customized by including a header.php or footer.php template in a directory named “interactive” inside the theme
- A carousel list of interactive articles can be added by using shortcode [interactive-list max=”3″]. “Max” parameter indicates the maximum amount of articles listed. Requires that featured images are set for all articles.
- WordPress 3.0 – 4.*
- WordPress 5.* with Gutenberg disabled