Removes default version query strings from CSS/JS resources, appends the modified time to the filename, and creates the necessary .htaccess rewrites automagically.
What’s the benefit for you?
When pushing up new versions of your files, you never have to worry about users seeing older versions of your site stuck in their cache! A simple helper plugin, yet crucial to keeping your sanity.
- Upload the
versionitfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- I activated the plugin. Now what?
Visit your site and view the source – you should see your CSS/JS resources changed from http://YOURSITE.COM/wp-content/plugins/YOURPLUGIN/css/style.css?ver=3.4.2 to something like http://YOURSITE.COM/wp-content/plugins/YOURPLUGIN/css/style.1347022625.css
- When I activate the plugin, I see the error, “Please make sure your .htaccess file is writable”
This means that either you have not saved your permalinks from the default config, or you have a permissions issue. Your host can help you with the latter.
- None of my CSS/JS are loading!
Please see previous question.
- Can you add `feature-x`?
Sure! I’m always open to knew ideas. Just create a new issue and I’ll take a gander.
- Tested in 3.8
- This puppy should be ready to go! Now considered feature-complete.
- Initial release